capable of up to 2.5 Gbps actual throughputs, and is backward interoperable with MoCA 2.0 and MoCA 1.1
MoCA 2.5 Highlights:
- MoCA protected setup (MPS): Easy setup of new nodes with unique password sharing via push-button (similar to Wi-Fi® WPS).
- Management proxy: Management of nodes that don’t have upper layer management support by supporting management queries from one node on behalf of other nodes.
- Enhanced privacy: Secure data communications with a longer password using different keys between MoCA 2.1 nodes compared to MoCA 1.1/MoCA 2.0 nodes, along with the ability to control data forwarding of legacy nodes to and from MoCA 2.1 nodes.
- Network-wide beacon power management: Provides better control of peak signal power on the coax by configuring the beacon power of nodes to an absolute level (within tolerance of the hardware) and advertise that level to other nodes so that the same value is used after any handoff.
- Bridge detection: Ability to distinguish between nodes belonging to different networks and pass operator specified information between nodes before admission, as well as pass that same information to upper layers to prevent neighbors from forming a common network.